Axis Home Series
We’re thrilled to announce the release of five quality Axis Series homes at Hobsonville Point! These are exclusively on offer for those eligible for the Axis Series ballot.
Our Axis homes are apartments with private entries: architecturally designed and built with all of the quality and care that Universal Homes has given new home owners for over three generations now. They’re light and bright, energy efficient, featuring thoughtfully designed open plan living spaces, double glazing, and stylish kitchens and bathrooms with quality fittings. Please note these homes are subject to a Body Corporate Levy. Homes are due for completion November 2021.
Ballot entries open Thursday 15 July 2021 at 11am, and close on Thursday 29 July 2021 at 3pm. The Axis ballot is drawn on Friday 30 July 2021 by Kāinga Ora.
To find out more, visit our show home at 14 David Carnegie Road, Hobsonville Point to chat to our New Home Consultants.
Who is eligible to buy an Axis Home?
- Must be New Zealand permanent residents or citizens.
- Be a first home buyer, or in the same financial position as a first home buyer (see Purchasing Criteria)
- Cannot put the home in the name of a Family Trust, company or nominee.
- Must have a household income no higher than $85,000 per annum for a single purchaser and no more than $130,000 per annum, where there is more than one purchaser.
- Have proof of finance to complete a purchase of an Axis Series home.
- Will agree to live in the house for a minimum of two years.
How do you buy an Axis Home?
Most of the homes at Hobsonville Point sell ‘off the plans’ including the Axis Series homes. Due to the overwhelming demand for Axis Series homes, and to ensure fairness, the builders have introduced a ballot system. The people whose names are drawn from the ballot will get the first opportunity to buy the homes they have registered their interest in.
You can reassure yourself that the home you are entering the ballot for is what you want by talking to the building company, visiting their display home and studying plans.
Once you are sure, the next step is to enter the ballot.
How to Enter the Ballot
- 1. Confirm that you meet the Axis Series criteria outlined in the purchasing criteria checklist. Find out more with our FAQs.
- 2. Download and fully complete the Axis Series First Home Buyer Eligibility Application form. This includes the statutory declaration which will need to be signed in the presence of a lawyer or Justice of the Peace.
Please read the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- 3. Return the form via email or post with the relevant supporting documents to Housing New Zealand (HNZ) who will assess the application and notify you of the outcome. If HNZ deem you as an eligible Axis Series buyer, they will send you a Letter of Eligibility that will enable you to enter the ballot. Please allow at least two weeks before the ballot for your application to be processed.
- 4. Register your interest by visiting the building companies at Hobsonville Point and providing each with a copy of your Letter of Eligibility. They will guide you in completing the final section of the Letter which identifies which ballot you are entering.
- 5. Enter The Ballot by returning your completed Letter of Eligibility to HNZ. HNZ will send you an email or letter informing you of the outcome of the ballot. If you are successful the building company will also contact you directly.
- 6. Sign the Sales and Purchase Agreement, once your Solicitor has checked it for you. You’ll pay a deposit at this point and the balance on the completion of your home.